Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2017 15:51:26 -0700
From:      Carl Johnson <carlj@peak.org>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Make packages for armv7 makes armv6 packages

I have a 12.0-CURRENT RPI2 system that I have been updating with
packages that I build on my amd64 desktop system.  I just tried building
armv7 packages to see if the system could be upgraded that way.  I did a
buildworld and buildkernel for armv7 and everything worked properly.  I
then did a make packages for armv7 and it referenced the files created
by the armv7 build, but then built armv6 packages.  The 'pkg info -F'
data showed armv6 architecture, and they were placed in the
FreeBSD:12.0:armv6 repo directory.   I don't think I did anything wrong,
and the commands I used were:

  make -j4 KERNCONF=RPI2 TARGET=arm TARGET_ARCH=armv7 buildworld buildkernel
  make -j4 KERNCONF=RPI2 TARGET=arm TARGET_ARCH=armv7 packages

I checked the typescript file and the only reference to armv6 was the
line where it reports it is creating the the repository in
.../FreeBSD:12:armv6/... at the end.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what I am missing, or are the
packages not implemented yet for armv7?  I have upgraded it several
times before this conversion to armv7, so I think my procedure is
basically correct.  The svn revision I used for this was r325018, which
was the latest at this time.

Thanks for any ideas on this.
--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org