Date:      Mon, 23 May 2011 16:46:17 -0300
From:      Rogelio <scubacuda@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ARP tables in FreeBSD (vs Linux)

I found that a certain Linux gateway was having a difficult time with
thousands of ARP entries (about 13K concurrent ARP entries in 10 min
from ISP subscribers), so I put it behind a Cisco 7201 router and
added an IP helper to the interface.  Now it seems to be working much
much better.

In the future, I'd like to possibly use a FreeBSD box for this, but I
was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, experience, or tips on
how FreeBSD handle ARP compared to Linux.  Or should I just keep this
sort of thing dedicated to network appliances?

--=20
Also on LinkedIn?=A0 Feel free to connect if you too are an open
networker: scubacuda@gmail.com