Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 1999 19:38:15 -0700
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@ontario.mooseriver.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
Cc:        jgrosch@mooseriver.com, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Mark Heath <mheath@netspace.net.au>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Motif not available?

On Thu, Apr 29, 1999 at 08:39:03PM -0400, Chuck Robey wrote:

[ DELETED ]

> That's what they told me, when I asked them 5 months before
> FreeBSD-current went elf.  I explained in very plain language what was
> happening, and why they should bring out a new version.  They said they
> were, so I began to ask them once a month "where is it, here's my money,
> please take it".  About 6 months later, they finally admitted they'd
> done nothing on it, and they weren't going to.  They'd lied to me the
> whole time.
>
> Maybe they've changed their mind again.  They now have 2 competitors,
> and a bunch of old customers who were screwed.  I don't think it's a
> great idea to wait too long on XIG *finally* coming to market with an
> ELF Motif.
>
> I bought Apps2go Motif.  It works.

I also bought Apps2go Motif. It does work but it unpacks in the weirdest
place i.e. "/usr/dt" ?? I will, most likely buy a copy of Metro Links'
Motif Complete to see how well it works.

Sorry to see that XIG does not think that FreeBSD is worth the effort.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a |    FreeBSD 3.1
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | UNIX for the masses