Date:      Mon, 9 Nov 1998 18:39:27 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Phillip Salzman <psalzman@gamefish.pcola.gulf.net>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: newer gcc?

> b) i thought the move to elf was so that we _could_ better use the newer
> GNU tools.

	Yes, it was.  But I doubt we really want to abandon our AOUT users
this early on.  I'm limited to a.out right now because of the freak'n
problems with "Exceeded CPU timelimit" which occurs every time I attempt
to compile large programs.  But thats probally caused by my crappy
hardware.

	Maybe i'll get a new computer... someday.

> The reason i was asking is that i may bmake it and stick it into my tree,
> if i can produce a "release" build using it maybe people would show more
> interest.

	Do it, then get it commited :)