Date:      Mon, 22 Oct 2001 08:10:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      X Philius <xphilius@yahoo.com>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>, Russ Pagenkopf <russ.pagenkopf@uas.alaska.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make buildworld problem

Russ,
My buildworld died in the exact same place, after CVsupping to 4.4 Release on a 4.1 Release box.
It has something to do with an undefined reference to 'basename'. I am afraid I don't have a
solution for you, but thought you'd like to know it is likely not due to your ISO's in any way.
Been getting help from Kent Stewart, and he thinks it has to do with the way that make buildworld
boot straps itself. I am pretty much green at this kind of thing, so I'l leave ot to others to
decide if this is a real bug, or something that needs to be escelated. I managed to run make
buildworld with the 4 Stable source, but I am chicken to start tracking Stable on my production
server. I was planning on doing a binary upgrade to 4.4 Release using Systinstall, but if that is
what you did, then I am a bit apprenensive that I will have similar problems after upgrading.
Anyone else know of problems with proc commands after a binary upgrade to 4.4 Release or problems
compiling /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/binutils/ld?

Jason