Date:      Fri, 14 Dec 2001 16:56:19 +0100
From:      "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
To:        "Etherflow" <etherflow@home.nl>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Apache @ startup

I did this by adding the following code to /etc/rc.local:

case ${httpd_enable} in
[Yy][Ee][Ss])
        echo -n ' httpd'; ${httpd_program:-/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl}
start ${httpd_flags}
        ;;
esac

This then allows you to add the following lines to your /etc/rc.conf file:

httpd_enable="YES"
httpd_flags="<whatever flags you want on the command line>"

There may be a more elegant way to do it, but this worked for me.  With the
above changes Apache will start automatically at boot.