Date:      Tue, 08 Jun 1999 16:15:12 +0530
From:      Dinesh Pal <pdinesh@opentech.stpn.soft.net>
To:        freebsd-newbie <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Router Problems

Hello,

I have installed a FreeBSD 2.1.0 which is working as a router .

It has two Network Interface cards.

1. Very frequently it igives following error message if I do a ping
   to any system on my internal    network. Ping works ok to any system
in
   outside world. We also can not ping this system from any local
machine.

  " ping send to: no buffer space available."

2. System also reports " ix.cx.excesscoll" frequently on the console.

I want to know why these error messages are comming and what I should do
to rectify them.

Thanks in advance.

Dinesh Pal
System Administartor