Date:      Sat, 10 Mar 2001 15:58:28 -0600
From:      GB Clark II <gclarkii@geektech.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Login problems (ftp and ssh) in 4.2-Stable

On Fri, 09 Mar 2001, Kris Kennaway wrote:

>This almost always means a broken reverse DNS setup
>
>Kris

Hello,

The reverse DNS is correct.  When I come in via telnet, a 'w' shows
the proper host name.  I can also run host on both the forward and
reverse portions of the DNS record.  Any more ideas??

I got SSH to work by using login.
Here is the strange part, if I ran the sshd in debug mode, it would
let me in ASAP!  So debug was worthless...:)

The big problem is FTP.  Any ideas on how to disable reverse
lookups, just incase that is the problem?

Thanks,

GB