Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2002 13:29:32 +0100
From:      Martin Karlsson <martin.karlsson@visit.se>
To:        Steve Brown <freebsd@prayforwind.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OT: why suggest Mutt? (Was: Favorite Mail App?)

* Steve Brown <freebsd@prayforwind.com> [2002-03-22 06.11 -0500]:

> I don't get it. Why recommend mutt to someone with "no special requirements"
> who just wants to send/recv mail?

Brendan asked for "recommendations on a good mail app". I
recommended the good mail app Mutt. I don't have any special
requirements either, and all I do with Mutt is sending and reading
mail.

> What need does it fill that the others cant, except require a rocket scientist
> a couple of weeks to configure?

Hey, thanks, I didn't know I was that smart!

> I can't speak for Brendan, but most of my users would ask me to install Windows
> if I made them use Mutt.

Well, isn't Free software about _choice_? If you _make_ your users
use app this and app that, instead of letting them choose (within
reasonable limits of course), I'm glad I'm not one of them.

have a nice day
--
 Martin