Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2001 16:31:37 +0000
From:      jslivko@4evermail.com <jslivko@4evermail.com>
To:        <tomek@mpionline.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I got hacked, I think

[CC'd to -security, as this should be discussed there]

Did you have any system snoopers around that you installed (tripwire
and things of that ilk) that you can refer to for time information?
If you can narrow down the time that the files were updated, you
might have found out when the intrusion actually occurred and then,
by grepping that information from "last", you can find out who he
logged in as (assuming he logged in normally the first time). If I
can be of any help, feel free to shoot me an e-mail. -- Jonathan

--- "Tomek" <tomek@mpionline.com> wrote:
> I found out more info.
>
> -rw-r--r--   1 Broot  wheel       54 Sep 26 10:24 /inetd.conf
> -rw-r--r--   1 Broot  wheel    85857 Sep 26 21:38 /sudo-
1.6.3.7_1.tgz