Date:      Sat, 04 Sep 1999 12:15:32 -0500
From:      Chris Costello <chris@calldei.com>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>, Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help

On Sat, Sep 04, 1999, Nik Clayton wrote:
> Similarly, thou shalt always update www/en/news/webchanges.sgml as well.
>
> Let me say at this point that I don't particularly like having to do this.
> We have the information in the CVS logs already, and we should be able
> to pull it out easily enough.
>
> There was an announcement on Freshmeat (http://www.freshmeat.net/) a
> few weeks back about a small app that would take a tree of CVS files
> and build a GNU style ChangeLog file from the CVS log messages.  A
> search for "CVS ChangeLog" on Freshmeat should find it.
>
> If someone were to investigate this, and possibly bolt on a new option
> so that it would output HTML instead then we could make the generation
> of webchanges.sgml completely automatic.

   Well, if you want to change the nature of that file entirely.
The page lists "user visible" changes.  If you fix a spacing
error in www/en/internal/machines.sgml (off the top of my head;
may be named differently), do you want that going into the
webchanges.html file?

   (Speaking of that, there's a typo on webchanges.sgml!)

--