Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2001 09:37:43 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Marc W <mwlist@lanfear.com>
Cc:        Mark Rowlands <mark.rowlands@minmail.net>, freebsd <freebsd@nbux.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: best x11 mua ?

On Saturday, 10 March 2001 at 10:46:23 -0800, Marc W wrote:

>     I too am a big fan of Outlook Express, but am looking to no longer
> run Windows on any of my machines, so I sat down and wrote my own mail
> client instead to be a lot like Outlook.
>
>     It's called Kiltdown, and is available at www.kiltdown.org (or
> kiltdown.sourceforge.net).  It's coming along really well, and should
> be in beta in a week or so ...  I always have FreeBSD 4.x binaries
> available ...
>
>     BTW -- there are no problems with KDE 2.1 on FreeBSD 4.2 -- I
> downloaded the sources direct from the KDE web sites, and compiled it
> all with no troubles whatsoever in about 2 hours ...

I'd be a lot more impressed with Kiltdown if it were less like
Outlook.  Take a look at the quoted text below: it's mutilated in a
Microsoft-like fashion.  If you could fix that, I'm sure you'd have a
lot more users.  Specifically, the original text was:

>> i search a very good mua for freebsd (X11), i like outlook express under
>> win2K, and i want an equivalent under freebsd + X11; i know postilion, but
>> is there another (stable, beautifull, filters, multiple pop3/smtp, etc
>> ...). I have tried spruce but it crashed (core dump), balsa need gnome,
>> etc... kmail perhaps ? but i have heard that there was problem with kde 2.1

Kiltdown found the lines too long and wrapped like this:

>>> i search a very good mua for freebsd (X11), i like outlook express
> under
>>> win2K, and i want an equivalent under freebsd + X11; i know
> postilion, but
>>> is there another (stable, beautifull, filters, multiple pop3/smtp,
> etc
>>> ...). I have tried spruce but it crashed (core dump), balsa need
> gnome,
>>> etc... kmail perhaps ? but i have heard that there was problem with
> kde 2.1

I assert that it should have done it like this:

>>> i search a very good mua for freebsd (X11), i like outlook express
>>> under win2K, and i want an equivalent under freebsd + X11; i know
>>> postilion, but is there another (stable, beautifull, filters,
>>> multiple pop3/smtp, etc ...). I have tried spruce but it crashed
>>> (core dump), balsa need gnome, etc... kmail perhaps ? but i have
>>> heard that there was problem with kde 2.1

Greg
--
When replying to this message, please take care not to mutilate the
original text.