Date:      Mon, 5 Jan 1998 13:50:53 +0800
From:      Stephen Cooper <stephen.cooper@alphawest.com.au>
To:        fedrac@www2.drikka.net, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: X setup

On Monday, January 05, 1998 11:31 AM, fedrac@www2.drikka.net
[SMTP:fedrac@www2.drikka.net] wrote:
> I've managed to get X up and running on my computer.  One thing
though:
> my xterm windows appear to be just a little too big.  In other words,
> can't see the bottom of the xterms, and I can't figure out how to
> 'shrink' them.
>
> I don't remember if I setup my screen *size* during install, so I
probably
> have to go in my configuration and change the 'inches' for my monitor?
>
> Any ideas?
> Marco

Good god no!!!! It is far simpler....

Sounds like you only have 640x480 resolution, I have this problem on my
laptop with Netscape and Mosaic and their ilk.

use the xterm -geom XXXXxXXX option

how?

shrink the xterm to the correct size, open another xterm and run
xwininfo, click on your shrunken xterm and the geomtry will be printed
out for you.

The XXXXxXXXX is the size
The XXXX+XXXXX is the screen position

Check out "man xterm"