Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 08:12:26 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Didier Derny <didier@omnix.net>
To:        Jon Rust <jpr@vcnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Disk Mirroring

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Jon Rust wrote:

> At 8:34 AM +0000 2/25/00, Didier Derny wrote:
> >I tried both,
> >
> >I found ccd very easy to configured compared to vinum and I get better
> >performances from CCD.
> >

> C'mon... easy? This is vinum's config for mirrored action:
>
>     drive a /dev/da1
>     drive b /dev/da2
>     mirror a b

one line for ccd in /etc/ccd.conf

ccd0 128 6 /dev/da1 /dev/da2

:-)))

> What's tough about that? :-) Is ccd really easier than 3 lines of
> easy-to-understand commands? I don't know about ccd performance, so I
> can't comment there.

I think that ccd can be more powerful than ccd but that you have
to spent more time to get the right configuration

the day, I needed to use the mirroring I tried vinum where I had some
problems of configuration and then ccd where I only had to read a simple
man page to have a system working efficiently.

It is sure that I one day I can find 3 spares disks and a lot
of time I'll try to install vinum.