Date:      Mon, 14 Oct 2002 00:05:46 +0200
From:      "Martin Tsanov" <cyberzone@odessos.org>
To:        "Kent Stewart" <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: kernel panic after updating to 4.7-stable

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kent Stewart" <kstewart@owt.com>
To: "Martin Tsanov" <cyberzone@odessos.org>
Cc: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 13, 2002 9:34 PM

> >>There was a patch to .../src/sys/kern/vfs_subr.c that fixed a
panic.
> >>If you are following 4.x-stable, you should be following
> >
> > freebsd-stable.
> >
> >>Kent
> >>
> >>--
> >>Kent Stewart
> >>Richland, WA
> >>
> >>http://users.owt.com/kstewart/index.html
> >>

> > Where can I find this patch? And how to apply it?
> > I still consider myself a newbie.
> > Till now, I was very happy with my FreeBSD box.
> > I began using it at 4.5-Release and updated several times
> > without any problems. I do follow stable, but suddenly,
> > without no apparent reason I stopped receiving the messages
> > at 30 september.
>
> You can see what they changed at

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/kern/vfs_subr.c.diff?r1=
1.249.2.28&r2=1.249.2.29&f=h

> It is pretty simple and gives you the full path into your local
> /usr/src/ directory. If you only change the line with the problem,
you
> can rebuild and install your kernel. Technically, if you recvsup,
you
> are supposed to rebuild everything.
>
> As to your subscription, send "which" to the majordomo. It will tell
> you if you are still subscribed. If you aren't currently subscribed,
> you need to re-subscribe.
>
> There were a number of people that were causing email bounces
because
> of problems with their mail-boxes. Their subscriptions get deleted
> fairly quickly when this happens.
>
> Kent
>

> --
> Kent Stewart
> Richland, WA
>
> http://users.owt.com/kstewart/index.html

Thank you for your reply. I saw the patch and applied it,
then rebuilt the kernel. But now I received an error 1 in the
same file and the kernel did not build. I'm now cvsupping
again and will rebuild world. If anything again goes wrong,
I will go and cvsup for RELENG_4_7_0_RELEASE, as
Keramidas suggested to another user.
Thanks for the help once again.