Date:      Sat, 14 Apr 2001 21:28:50 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
Cc:        Andrei Cojocaru <acojocaru@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linking Kernel Fails

> There is a favorite miss called "umass" on the USB bus. That seems to get
many people.

Yup. I recall seeing a few messages of this kind in the past. Hmm, actually, I
answered a question of this kind :-)

BTW, this is part of my workstation kernel config:

# SCSI Controllers
device
	ahc		# AHA2940 and onboard AIC7xxx devices
options 	AHC_ALLOW_MEMIO # Allow memory-mapped I/O

# SCSI peripherals
device
	scbus		# SCSI bus (required)
device
	da		# Direct Access (disks)
device
	sa		# Sequential Access (tape etc)
device
	cd		# CD
device
	pass		# Passthrough device (direct SCSI access)

# USB support -- everything commented out.
# No USB peripherals yet.

I have seen no linking/whatever errors, though.

Andrei's problem is probably (?) connected with the missing SCSI support. Or...
I am missing something else :-)

-- Salvo