Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 2000 11:24:01 +0200
From:      Info <Info@lawnet.xs4all.nl>
To:        "'freebsd-ports@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "'cy.schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca'" <cy.schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
Subject:   Is Tripwire 1.3.1 port broke??? It doesn't install on 4.1 stable  and 4.1.1 stable .....

Hi all,

i tried to install Tripwire on a 4.1 stable system today and got the
following error (ports from today via cvsup)

gcc -O -ldl byteorder.c -o byteorder
byteorder.c: In function 'main.c':
byteorder.c:36: warning: left shift count >= width of type
byteorder.c:25: warning: returntype of 'main' is not 'int'
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot find -ldl
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/tripwire-131/work/tw_ASR_1.3.1_src/util.
*** Error code 1

I don't understand this, because in the file ../files/patch-ae it says

-#LDFLAGS= -static
-LDFLAGS= -ldl
+LDFLAGS= -static
+#LDFLAGS= -ldl

This does mean that the LDFLAGS option changes from "-ldl" to "-static",
right???
Can anyone tell me why the port doesn't patch (????) and how I can fix
this????

I tried to fix this by manualy change the ../work/tw_ASR_1.3.1_src/Makefile
but then make won't
install because he couldn't find the man path, so this wasn't patched right.

A month ago I installed this version of Tripwire flawless on a 3.4 stable
machine ....

MTIA

Lars.