Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:41:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jorge Aldana <jorge@salk.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   GSL (Gnu Scientific Libraries)

To GSL port maintainer,

I have installed the gsl libraries but keep getting the following error when
attemping to compile:

>g++ -L/usr/local/lib -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm if5.c
In file included from if5.c:6:
/usr/local/include/gsl/gsl_rng.h:23: gsl/gsl_types.h: No such file or directory
/usr/local/include/gsl/gsl_rng.h:24: gsl/gsl_errno.h: No such file or directory
In file included from if5.c:7:
/usr/local/include/gsl/gsl_randist.h:22: gsl/gsl_rng.h: No such file or
directory

I checked the paths and all was in the correct location. So I tried a
quick test and copied the include files to /usr/include/gsl from
/usr/local/include/gsl and I was able to compile. I also noticed that the Linux
verion installs to /usr/include as opposed to /usr/local/include (or /usr/local
vs /usr ).

Is there another parameter which I may need to setup or other?

Jorge