Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:01:07 +0000
From:      jslivko@4evermail.com <jslivko@4evermail.com>
To:        <xphilius@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best upgrade path from 4.1 Release to 4.4 Release, via CVsu

Jason,

It might be easier to just wipe the machine down, install 4.4-RELEASE
from FTP (if you have the bandwidth) and then CVSup to 4.4-STABLE.
That seems the logical thing to do, there is also the least chance of
things breaking along the way. Remember 4.1-RELEASE is quite a few
months old, if not more. -- Jonathan

--- X Philius <xphilius@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Folks,
> I'm running into problems running 'make buildworld' after syncing
my source via CVsup to 4.4
> Release, currently running 4.1 Release. I am trying to get on the
CVsup bandwagon, but if I've
> found two things that won't compile, I bet there are loads more.
THe two issues I have found so
> far seem to relate to 'basename' . What is the usual practice in
this kind of case? Is there a set
> of patches to the 4.4 Release source that will let me compile and
install in one step from 4.1? If