Date:      Mon, 22 Oct 2001 18:14:45 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        X Philius <xphilius@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Russ Pagenkopf <russ.pagenkopf@uas.alaska.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make buildworld problem

[Please wrap your lines at 65 or so characters.]

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 08:10:06AM -0700, X Philius wrote:
> Russ,
>
> My buildworld died in the exact same place, after CVsupping to
> 4.4 Release on a 4.1 Release box.  It has something to do with an
> undefined reference to 'basename'. I am afraid I don't have a
> solution for you, but thought you'd like to know it is likely not
> due to your ISO's in any way.

Yes, 4.1R -> 4.4R upgrade path was broken.  This has been fixed
later, and 4.1R -> 4.4-STABLE upgrade path is possible.

Unfortunately, we can't backport the fixes to already released
(sticky) version (4.4-RELEASE).

--
Ruslan Ermilov		Oracle Developer/DBA,
ru@sunbay.com		Sunbay Software AG,