Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2005 12:11:34 -0500
From:      Peterhin <hindrich@worldchat.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP Connection.

I have 5.3 installed, and am trying to get my dial-up going.
In the handbook under 21.2.1.2 when 	I try to do a
'cd /dev'
'sh MAKEDEV tun0'
 I get "can't open makedev: No such file or directory"

I also tried using G. Lehey instructions from his book, I get to the
point where  the external modem dials at reboot, but no connection. I
have looked in the log files and it looks like Authentication failure
is my problem.
I have gone thru his setup a few times. What am I missing here.?
--
Peter

"Civil Liberties are at the whim of those in power"