Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 2000 00:39:14 -0800
From:      David O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>, nik@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lynx test / 2nd attempt

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 11:37:13AM -0800, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
> What a coincidence - I just started a release on beast yesterday but
> forgot to turn NODOC on, so it fell over in the docs building phase
> (which is easily rectified if we want to restart this release from
> where it left off without docs).  That leads me to wonder, however,
> if we ever have any plans of fixing this:

doc.docbook.mk needs to match the docproj port and use openjade and lynx
on the Alpha.  Openjade can be used by setting defining "OPENJADE" in
release/Makefile, or by giving some smarts about ARCH to doc.docbook.mk.
However, there isn't a knob to specify lynx in place of w3m in
doc.docbook.mk.

If these two tools are used, the release-built docs build fine on Alpha.