Date:      Wed, 8 May 2002 07:30:47 -0700 (MST)
From:      Les Biffle <les@safety.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mbuf questions

Can someone give a pointer to the procedure for doing the following?  I've
searched the website and archives as well as my source tree, but nothing
seems pertinent.

In FreeBSD 3.5:

A kernel routine uses m_copydata to gather ethernet data into a
KMALLOC'd buffer, processes it, and now needs to put it back into an
mbuf.  I would prefer that the resulting mbuf have the data together in
an external buffer, so that the cycles spent aren't wasted.

I currently use m_copyback to put the data back into the original mbuf
chain, but an going nuts trying to get the chain to shrink when the
data shrinks without the next invocation of m_copydata panicing.

Thanks,

-Les

--
Les Biffle