Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2001 23:21:28 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
To:        Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
Cc:        Brian Sobolak <sobolak@mindspring.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Index of ports?

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Erik Trulsson wrote:

> > NH> Any ideas how I can easily (and locally) get an overwiev of all the ports
> > NH> in the collection?
> >
> > /usr/ports/INDEX on my system....
>

> And for a more readable variant you can go into /usr/ports (or one of
> the subdirectories) and do 'make readmes' which will create a file
> README.html in each port below the directory in which you do the make.
> The creates a nice, readable, list of all the ports.

Thank you very much! Works great!

> (This is documented in the ports(7) manpage if you didn't know.)

YES, INDEED!!! I actually read (or better: quickly scanned) that manpage
before I posted my original message, but I didn't found what I was looking
for. Now that you have given me the information, I have re-read (now
*really*) the manpage and it is indeed mentioned in there. Sorry... ;-)

Greetings
Nils

Nils Holland
Ti Systems - FreeBSD in Tiddische, Germany
http://www.tisys.org * nils@tisys.org