Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 1999 02:37:41 -0500
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <zen@buddhist.com>
To:        "Michael W. Wathen" <bearmw@net-link.net>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: web and my server

At 21:55 17-04-1999 -0400, Michael W. Wathen wrote:
>I want to get a server for my company so I can be on the internet but I
>have a few questions. how do I make a web page on it and have people be
>able to access it?

You'll need to run a web server, such as Apache. Take a look at
http://www.apache.org/ to learn about it. Hopefully someone more
experienced will tell you more.

> Another is if when a worker dials in can they get
>into windows or do they have to use unix. I have had a shell account a
>long time on someone else's server but I don't understand quite how it
>all works.

They will not be able to get INTO windows. They will be able to dial in
FROM a windows computer though, by using telnet.exe which comes standard
with Windows. They will continue to run Windows on their end while using
Unix on yours.

Adam
---
Want to design your own web counter?