Date:      Wed, 20 May 2009 13:14:06 -0700
From:      Mauro Calderara <mcalderara@lbl.gov>
To:        marius@alchemy.franken.de
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   tap-driver on sparc64

Hi Marius

I just ran into an issue with the tap-driver on FreeBSD resulting in a
kernel panic. Googling yielded this bug report (the poster did exactly
what I'm trying to do, run OpenVPN on a tap-interface): http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-sparc64/2006-May/004132.html

You provided a patch but it seems the person never responded. I still
see the issue on 7.0 and am currently recompiling to see whether it is
still there with 7.2. Did that patch go into the official repo somewhen?

In case not, what would you need to create one? I'm pretty sure I can
provide instructions detailed enough to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,
mauro