Date:      Wed, 15 Feb 2006 04:44:58 +0100
From:      Joerg Pernfuss <elessar@bsdforen.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Balgansuren Batsukh <balgaa@mongol.net>
Subject:   Re: Encrypt existing filesystem/partition to GEOM GELI

--Sig_UOQeM/yvWkY0dtHI+.cSfYc

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:04:05 +0800
"Balgansuren Batsukh" <balgaa@mongol.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>=20
> I installed FreeBSD-6.0-RELEASE on my laptop and cvsuped to
> FreeBSD-STABLE. It is working pretty much stable.
>=20
> If possible I would like to migrate existing whole filesystem and
> partitions to GEOM GELI based encrypted filesystem.
>=20
> How can I to convert/migrate to GEOM GELI without
> erase/delete/reinstall existing filesystem?

You can't. You need to backup your data / copy it $somewhere and
put it back in place after you initialized your encrypted
devices.

--=20
| /"\   ASCII ribbon   |  GnuPG Key ID | e86d b753 3deb e749 6c3a |
| \ / campaign against |    0xbbcaad24 | 5706 1f7d 6cfd bbca ad24 |
|  X    HTML in email  |  Now featuring a brand new GPG-Key!      |
| / \     and news     |  Please update your keyring.             |

--Sig_UOQeM/yvWkY0dtHI+.cSfYc

--Sig_UOQeM/yvWkY0dtHI+.cSfYc--