Date:      Fri, 02 May 2003 12:45:19 -0300
From:      Marcello Azambuja <mazambuja@superig.com.br>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB Serial devices appearing as ugen instead of ucom

I had a similar problem with some USB printers. It happened twice,
first time I had forgotten to put ulpt option in kernel config.
So I'd suggest you to enable every option related to USB that could
match with your hardware in the kernel config, since you're not sure
if it should be detected as ucom (I agree with u and think it should).

Later I tried to add a second printer using USB but it was always
recognized as an ugen device. I tried to switch USB ports, disconnected
the first printer but nothing worked. I asked in freebsd-questions but
didnt get any answer, so if you find any tip tell me please. :)
I gave up and installed the second printer via parallel connection.

Good luck,

--
Marcello Azambuja