Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 1997 22:32:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      dlacroix@vt.edu
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   misc/2683: Broken label-editor on the boot disk of 2.2-970205-GAMMA

>Number:         2683
>Category:       misc
>Synopsis:       Broken label-editor on the boot disk of 2.2-970205-GAMMA
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
in the process of re-installing (on a different drive), I thought
it would be nice to try out the new boot disk for 2.2 - GAMMA...

Seems to work, right up until the point where I had just finished the
"partition drives" stage.  I had already disklabeled and partitioned,
so I just wanted to tell sysinstall to mount the drives...

The problem is that (for whatever reason), the area of the screen where
it is supposed to list all the "partitions", it doesn't list them
properly...   i.e.  it lists the first three on the first drive, and
doesn't cycle through displaying them properly when I press the down
arrow...
>How-To-Repeat:
I haven't done alot of testing, so I'm not sure if this will be a
problem on other systems, but I have a total of 4 hard disks,
1 @ 2.11 Gig IDE
3 @ 730Mb SCSI (Adaptec 1542CF)
22.2-970205-GAMMA
2.2-970205-GAMMA
wd0s1 = 700 Mb (dos)
wd0s2a = 30 mb /
wd0s2b = 50 mb swap
wd0s2e = 500 mb /usr
wd0s2f = 700 mb /usr/src

it appears that the problem exibits even without the scsi drives
in the picture.

730 mb are each similarly "sliced"