Date:      Fri, 14 Dec 2001 14:08:27 -0500
From:      Jim Arnold <jim@ohio.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   netatalk alias problem after port upgrade

Afer ugrading to netatalk 1.5p8 I can't get an alias to
work of my FBSD share.

I can select the FBSD box under the Appleshare in the
Chooser and mount it on my mac. If I make an alias of
the volume, unmount the volume, and then try to use the
alias to remount the volume, I get the following message:

"The alias 'jim alias' could not be opened, because the
shared disk 'jim' could not be found on the network."

If I go to the chooser and select my share via appletalk and remount it
the alias works. But once i unmount the directory the alias won't
find it over the network. This worked fine before when I was
running Netatalk version 1.5p6. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

  JIm