Date:      Wed, 10 Feb 1999 13:24:10 +0300
From:      "Gene Sokolov" <hook@aktrad.ru>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Problem with anoncvs

I am trying to get the FreeBSD 3.0 CVS tree. I do the following (directly
from examples):

    % setenv CVSROOT anoncvs@anoncvs.freebsd.org:/cvs
    % cvs co -rRELENG_3 <anything here - ls, / cvs, anything>

I get:

    [**begin**]
    select: protocol failure in circuit setup
    cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
if any)
    [**end**]

The anoncvs.freebsd.org is visible, I have no problem

    % telnet anoncvs.freebsd.org 2401

rsh gives me:
    % rsh -l anoncvs anoncvs.freebsd.org

    To use anonymous CVS on this server, set your CVSROOT
    environment variable to the following value:
            anoncvs@anoncvs.freebsd.org:/cvs

    rlogin: connection closed.

What's wrong?

Thanks.