Date:      Sat, 24 Feb 2001 13:39:41 -0800
From:      Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docproj depends on X11 now?!?!

At 11:06 AM -0800 2/24/01, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
>Erk?  Yeah, that's definitely no good - I appreciate the need for
>graphics, but the doc formatting tools should not be depending on
>the entire X window system. :)

I emphatically agree!  The other day, I decided to load in PostgresQL.
I knew this was going to be a big addition, but I hadn't counted on
the fact that it wanted to load in Tcl/Tk, which decided to load in
the X11 system.

I realize that most FreeBSD systems tend to have X11 loaded as a
matter of course, but I use a Mac for my desktop machine and telnet
to freebie.  So, this is all a big waste of time and space for me...

-r
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm
email: rdm@cfcl.com
phone: +1 650-873-7841