Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 2002 23:43:36 +0000
From:      "Mack Lobell" <macklobell@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org, kde@mail.kde.org, kde-nonlinux@mail.kde.org
Subject:   How to start xfce from kdm

Hi,

i'm trying to use the kdm (KDE's display manager) on my FreeBSD (4.6 stable)
system to start xfce. xfce seems to start but the wm(??) doesn't work. Every
window (application) i create is missing the "top bar" (where you close,
minimize, maximize the applications).

If i hit startx everything works fine, it's just when i start it from kdm.

The following lines have been added to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xsession:

case $# in
1)
    case $1 in
    XFCE)
        exec /usr/X11R6/bin/startxfce
        ;;
    GNOME)
        exec /usr/X11R6/bin/gnome-session
        ;;
    kde)
        exec /usr/local/bin/startkde
        ;;
    failsafe)
        exec xterm -geometry 80x24-0-0
        ;;
    esac
esac

I don't have a ~/.xsession file (didn't think i needed one).

I'm using xfce 3.8.16 and have installed the complete KDE 3.0.2.

Any ideas?

Regards.