Date:      Wed, 25 Mar 1998 22:02:01 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        eivind@yes.no (Eivind Eklund)
Cc:        am@f1.ru, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: list of install exclusions for `make world'

> I've started doing a build-limitation system; which allow oyu to build
> only parts of the system.  I think any form of exclusion list should
> probably be integrated here, to avoid having to scan that exclusion
> file for _each_ install command.  There are a _lot_ of them.

While you are in there mucking around (I hate sentences that
start that way, at least when they are being spoken to me... 8-))...

You may want to consider the problem that was recently raised,
where it's not possible to build from a totally read-only source
tree.

I would love to be able to update my OS from a cdrom with a source
tree on it, simply by building and installing the world.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.