Date:      Mon, 21 Dec 1998 17:20:27 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Jasper O'Malley" <jooji@webnology.com>
To:        Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0 = current ?

On Mon, 21 Dec 1998, Evren Yurtesen wrote:

> hello
> I thought 3.0 version is not still a snapshot and it had been
> released so it is stable enough for using...am I wrong?

Yes, to a point. The -STABLE branch of development (currently at version
2.2.8) is the really stable one, hence the name.

> so why is it still called current?

Because that's exactly what it is, bleeding-edge current :) It's not meant
to be used on production machines, or any machine you're not particularly
prepared to have crash on you once in a while.

Cheers,
Mick

The Reverend Jasper P. O'Malley          dotdot:jooji@webnology.com
    Systems Administrator                  ringring:asktheadmiral
	Webnology, LLC               woowoo:http://www.webnology.com/~jooji