Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 2013 13:31:39 +0200
From:      tuchalia <tuchalia@gmail.com>
To:        soc-status@freebsd.org
Subject:   Weekly status (2 weeks late!)

Hello, as you may know, I'm working on porting some software services to
Capsicum [1].

As of now, after struggling with the first project(porting bzip2 to
Capsicum) for 3 weeks (that's 1 week late on the deadline), I managed to
finish it.
I had some design decisions done wrong, and tried to do something hard that
wasn't needed (passing file descriptors through a UNIX-domain socket), that
made me to lose a week. Finally, after a code cleanup, and some days, I
managed to get the program working and compressing fine with Capsicum.

And now, armed with all the past experience, I'm trying to port xz to
Capsicum. I already finished limiting fd, but I now have to do a little
architectural change in the program to get it to enter capability mode
fine.

The good thing is that thanks to the experience I had with the first
program, and the readability of the xz code (its very easy to get the
general architecture of the program) I am confident about making it through
the deadline, even being a week late.

[1]: https://wiki.freebsd.org/SummerOfCodeStudentChecklist

--
Daniel