Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 2003 14:08:19 +0900
From:      JINMEI Tatuya / =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCP0BMQEMjOkgbKEI=?= <jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp>
To:        Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BIND-8/9 interface bug? Or is it FreeBSD?

>         Under what circumstances would the primary request data from
>         the secondary on it's _public_ IP?  My query-source directive
>         is set to the public IP, and this IP should (according to BIND
>         documentation) be used by both TCP and UDP queries (port #,
>         however, cannot be guaranteed).

You seemed to misunderstand the comment.  It said "the problematic
situation can happen when ***the secondary sends a query from its
public address to the primary's private address***":

              query
secondary:----------------->primary
64.71.184.190               10.0.0.1
               (rejected)<----
                       response

So I guess you should look at the configuration in secondary, not
primary.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.