Date:      03 Jul 2000 16:40:36 -0700
From:      Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fstab mount options

Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com> writes:

> [...]

[...]

> You need to turn on a sysctl to allow user mounts, then adjust file
> permissions to allow specific file systems to be mounted by the user.
> For example, from my Xstartup script (run by kdm):

[...]

All the responses seem to deal with removable devices.  A private
poster pointed out that this question is asked repeated and is in the
FAQ at:
http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/admin.html#AEN2551

So I guess I've stepped into a FAQ, but this also deals with removable
media.  Its not clear if `sysctl' can be used on disk devices too.  I
didn't mention it in my original post but I mainly wanted to allow
users to mount a dos partition.