Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:02:09 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86 4.1.0 -- Intel i810 driver needs kernel support

I'm trying to help a friend configure his X server under FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
with XFree86 4.1.0 (installed from the ports collection).

From the XFree86 website, re: the i810 driver in 4.1.0:

Support (accelerated) for the Intel i740 is provided by the "i740"
driver, and support for the Intel i810 (including i810-dc100 and i810e) and
i815 is provided by the "i810" driver. The "i810" driver is currently
supported only on Linux and FreeBSD (4.1 and later), and requires AGP GART
kernel support.

Anyone know what this AGP GART stuff means and/or how to configure it into
the kernel???  I can't seem to get the driver to work for him at present.

Thanks.

--
Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."