Date:      Tue, 05 Oct 1999 15:43:58 +0000
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc:        "D.M.P." <gryph@mindless.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A record?

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, D.M.P. wrote:
>
> > Question: Linux 2.0.18 has been running for 907 days?  I wasn't
> > aware that Linux 2.0 had been out that long (2.5 years).

	I don't know how long it's been out, when did 2.2.x come out?  Heck, I
don't really care.

> It's probably wise to take these figures with a fairly large grain of salt
> (although they do make good PR). It's amazing what you can do by fiddling
> with your system clock or tweaking your kernel's "time of last boot"
> variable :-)
>
> Kris

	I can verify that the two FreeBSD boxes with my name next to them have
been up that long ( and it would have been longer if the power hadn't
gone out for quite awhile one night ).  They belong to my previous
employer, and when I talk to them they say both machines are still
humming right along.

--

Joseph Scott
joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu