Date:      Tue, 5 Mar 2002 09:43:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>, Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, FreeBSD current users <current@FreeBSD.ORG>, Seigo Tanimura <tanimura@r.dl.itc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>, Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@unixdaemons.com>, Alfred Perlstein <alfred@FreeBSD.ORG>, Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Subject:   Re: Patch for critical_enter()/critical_exit() & interrupt assem

:
:In message <200203051715.g25HFsk60359@apollo.backplane.com>, Matthew Dillon wri
:tes:
:
:>    That's the crux of the situation, John.   I do not believe you have
:>    the right to hold this work off, at least not based on any of the
:>    explanations you have given so far.
:
:Why don't you for a change, just stop being so ego-centered and
:instead head to the page at http://www.freebsd.org/smp/ and find
:..

    Stay out of it, Poul, you have no pull with me and you know it.

    What I choose to do with my time is my business, not yours.

:you have a right to bully the only person who have consistently
:chugged away at the SMPng project when practically everybody else
:(you included) defected.

    This is an extreme misrepresentation of the facts.  I stated very
    clearly at the original Yahoo SMP summit that I would soon not be
    available.  I did what work I could before I became unavailable, and
    then I was, SURPRISE!  Unavailable for 2 years!  I did not abandon
    anyone.  I wrote that code that is the basis for allowing us to remove
    Giant from syscalls, I wrote the original idle process code including
    all the hard assembly stuff.  I cleaned up the pre-SMPng SPL masks (cpl
    and cml).  I did what I could in the time I had.

						-Matt