Date:      Sun, 05 Mar 2000 10:28:23 -0500
From:      nm <nmanisca@vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Cc:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Subject:   No cigar with 3.9.18 :(

I grabbed XFree86 3.9.18, and applied the xfpatch.
Then, I edited the return statement of has_bwx() from
bsd_video.c

I built with make world and did a make install.  The
XFree86 binary was installed and I ran xf86config.
I guess with 3.9.18 there is only 1 binary for all
drivers/cards?

Next, I ran startx and the screen pretended to change
video modes, filled up with random color, random
characters (garbage), waited 3 seconds, pretended to
change modes again, and returned me to a prompt where
all I only see about every other character and things
are screwy :(

Where did I go wrong?

Nick Maniscalco