Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:00:54 +0200
From:      Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        absinthe@pobox.com, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Please review: new Java Project docs

Hi Dylan,

Some comments:

1) Is "News" more appropriate as a title than "Updates" ?
2) On the "Updates" page, the IBM JDK port is named "ibm-jdk13" while it
should be "linux-ibm-jdk13".
3) Section 2.1.3.2. ad 1: Why would someone recompile the kernel? What is
the advantage?
4) 2.1.3 The 1.1.8 JDK is a FreeBSD JDK, not a Sun JDK.
5) 2.1.3.3 Will the JDK 1.1 port really be removed? I don't think so, since
it is really used quite a lot still... Nate?
6) 4.1.4 states that you need to download the JDK 1.1 documentation
manually, while it should be possible to provide MASTER_SITES for this
port, since you don't have to accept any license at
http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.1/docs.html so I've changed the port
accordingly... See my last commit.
7) 2.3.1: There are some issues with the Blackdown 1.4.1 JDK for Linux. It
has not been extensively tested. It segfaults when running simple
applications. Same applies to the Sun JDK 1.4

I will review the rest later if I have time.

Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan
EuroNet Internet B.V.

    "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
        and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ