Date:      Fri, 30 May 1997 15:52:37 +0900
From:      Masafumi NAKANE/=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQ2Y6LDJtSjgbKEI=?= <max@wide.ad.jp>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        max@wide.ad.jp
Subject:   Some trouble with SCSI HD

Hi,

I'm running -current from about a week ago.  When I run cvsup to get
some files from cvsupd running on localhost, the system freezes.  Many
times, the system just goes quiet and no input from console is
accepted.  A few other other times, it goes half dead, I mean, I can
traceroute or ping  to the system from another machine but nothing
else can be done.

When I run cvsup and get files from remote system, this doesn't
happen.

My SCSI adapter and the disk are:

ahc0 <Adaptec 2940 Ultra SCSI host adapter> rev 0 int a irq 11 on pci0:12:0
ahc0: aic7880 Wide Channel, SCSI Id=7, 16 SCBs
ahc0: waiting for scsi devices to settle
scbus0 at ahc0 bus 0
ahc0:A:0: refuses WIDE negotiation.  Using 8bit transfers
sd0 at scbus0 target 0 lun 0
sd0: <IBM DORS-32160 WA6A> type 0 fixed SCSI 2
sd0: Direct-Access 2063MB (4226725 512 byte sectors)

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

     Cheers,
Max