Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 1996 12:16:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        ponds!freefall.cdrom.com!freebsd-hackers
Subject:   Daily panics (I'm back.)

Ok -

 After a short hiatus for Thanksgiving and other holidays,
and after deleting my backlog'd 5000+ messages :-)  I'm
ready to dive in on the daily panic problems.

 Just F.Y.I. - the problem still occurs, and at least one
other person has reported it as well.

 I'm running 2.1.5-S as of Oct. 17th - I had dowloaded
2.1.6-RELEASE to set up and see if the problem went away; but
as soon as I got it home, the 2.1.6.1 release came out - so
I have to start over.

 My questions at this point are:

	1) Since I was running a late version of 2.1.5-S,
	   there is little hope that 2.1.6.1 will actually
	   address this - right?

	2) Assuming 1) is true - how do we proceed on figuring
	   this out?

	3) Would it be better to suffer through this for now,
	   and wait for a more stable 2.2 version to try out
	   (presumably _before_ 2.2-RELEASE was sent out.)

	- Dave Rivers -