Date:      Thu, 20 Sep 2001 11:01:58 +0200
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Pierre Fontaine <fontaine@ftpresse.fr>
Cc:        "'freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Translation ?

Pierre Fontaine said on Sep 19, 2001 at 17:29:42:
> Good morning or afternoon or whatever...
>
> I just write a quick, even if my motivation is not as light as this mail,
> cause I would really love to join one of your translation teams. I would of
> course translate from English to French as I am a poor French ;)
> I really care about your project, as I care about all free mind projects in
> the world.
> So please let me know if I can help you in any kind of work.

The French version of the handbook seems pretty out of date.
I had a look and there is an email address of a French FreeBSD
translation team given there <freebsd-france@freebsd.francenet.fr>
-- have you tried contacting them?

I don't know the official situation: I'm new on the -doc myself; the
main doc guys seem to be busy right now (handbook publication
deadlines, etc).  Anyway, if no activity is going on, I'd say it would
be useful to start.  I'd like to help but I'm not sure to what extent:
I can read French but can't really write it, at least not
grammatically...

- Rahul