Date:      Sun, 2 Nov 1997 10:14:53 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.org>
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: card removal problems

> An update: I tried to remove 2 modem cards for a couple of times.
> The Nokia one (irq3) did lock up my system each time (I tried 3 times).
> The other one (angia) went ok for 2 times. Note that in the lockup
> case, nothing is printed on the console.

OK, can you break into the system with DDB?  Also, did this lockup occur
with your patch in place?  Finally, is IRQ4 in use with the second card?

> Perhaps it is card specific (?).

I wouldn't doubt it one bit, but it might be related to the card
resources, not necessarily the card.  These are things we need to find
out rather than 'fixing' something that could be fixed in a more
user-friendly manner.

Nate