Date:      Mon, 06 Sep 1999 19:05:03 -0700
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        aphor@ripco.com
Cc:        FreeBSD-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: System lockup

Jeremy McMillan wrote:

> I have 128M RAM and 512M swap, and if I leave Communicator4.6 up for a long
> period (two days?) it will take X out, and my system will reboot to boot. I
> have issues with my CPU too, but Communicator brings out the worst in it :).

	Ok, you didn't mention what WM you're using. I noticed back when I ran
afterstep that a netscape lockup would take out netscape, afterstep and X.
With KDE the worst I have to do is occasionally kill netscape and restart
it. Also, are you using the no async dns option? It's an environment
variable that you set to prevent netscape from sucking up another 16M of
ram for it's silly little DNS helper. Check out
/usr/local/lib/netscape/README for more info.

> I seriously doubt this is a STABLE issue.

	I agree.

HTH,

Doug