Date:      05 Apr 2002 22:33:38 -0800
From:      Unix Newbie <unix_newbie@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: adding a service at start up

Ok, thanks for the info, I read the page, and I wrote a script that I
believe will suit my purposes, but I don't know how to test that. (you
know, debug it, if you will). Also, I have no directory or file named
rc.d so I just made a file named rc.d and put the script into it. Should
rc.d be a directory with scripts in it? Does FreeBSD already know to use
this directory at start up when I create it?

 Sorry for the basic questions, but after reading the man pages, and the
urls (thanks bye the way!) I am still a little confused.

Thanks for all the help!

  Terry.