Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 2003 06:27:21 +0100
From:      dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org (Dirk Meyer)
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bento package builds

Kris Kennaway schrieb:,

> http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-4-exp-latest/ipsc-0.4.2.log
>
> BUILD_DEPENDS=3D  ${PORTSDIR}/sysutils/prips/work/prips/prips.o:${PORTSDIR}=
> /sysutils/prips:build
>
> where it's not enough that the package is already installed, because
> it still needs the tarball.  Do you have any ideas about how to
> address this?

a simple pre-fetch target can solve this ...
I did  this for c-nocem and tk84

pre-fetch:
	(cd ${PORTSDIR}/lang/tcl84 && ${SETENV} ${MAKE_ENV} ${MAKE} fetch)

which was objected without reason, but soved the problem.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/news/c-nocem/Makefile.diff?r1=1.17&r2=1.18
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/x11-toolkits/tk84/Makefile.diff?r1=1.62&r2=1.63

Maybe add a new SRC_DEPENDS line?

SRC_DEPENDS+=	${PORTSDIR}/lang/tcl84:build

Why cant we fix this simple problem in the few Makefiles that needs it?

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
- [dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer@guug.de],[dinoex@FreeBSD.org]